Welcome to the Yale Chapter of the Minority Association of Premedical Students!
We are a student led organization which aims to provide its members with the resources necessary to make their Yale Pre-Medical experience as fruitful as possible.
The Minority Association of Pre-medical Students, or MAPS, represents the undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students of SNMA (Student National Medical Association). MAPS members are considered national associate members and make up about one third of SNMA’s 5,000 members. Associate members are eligible for most of all SNMA national benefits. The purpose of the Yale University Chapter of MAPS is to:
- Create an atmosphere wherein professional excellence and moral principals can find the fullest expression
- Promote the dissemination of information relative to minority issues in the field of medical education
- Take the necessary and proper steps to eradicate practices in the field of health profession education that compromise the goal of providing quality education to minorities and women
- Promote the sponsorship of programs for minority youth to encourage their entrance into the health professions
- Promote increases in the levels of minority student recruitment, admissions, and retention in schools training health professionals
- Encourage and promote students of color to enter clinical and research medical fields and aid and assist the SNMA-Yale School of Medicine Chapter with their endeavors.